You already know that WordPress has such feature as “Featured image”. It allows to add specific image to posts and pages. Featured Audio is a plugin that inherited all the best from featured image functionality. As you can see from the title, the plugin allows to set featured audio for each posts and pages. As a result this audio will be available for your visitors through powerful HTML5 audio player. You can decide how to display audio player. There are 5 different options for that. Add new feature to your website and make it unique with Featured Audio plugin.
- Featured audio: plugin adds featured audio functionality to posts and pages.
- HTML5 audio player: featured audio is handled by powerful HTML5 audio player.
- iPhone, iPad, Android and WP7/8 devices supported: player works with any mobile devices.
- Flexible positioning: audio player can be positioned with 5 different ways.
- Autoplay option: start playing audio once post page opened.
- WordPress Media Library: all audio files are stored in WordPress native media library.
- Old browser supported: for old browsers player is switched to flash/silverlight mode.
- Support major audio formats: mp3, wav, ogg, etc.
- Custom post types supported: add featured audio to any post type.
- Easy to install: install and activate the plugin as any other plugins.
- Translation ready: plugin might be translated to any language.
- Built using WordPress best practices: no any alerts from Plugin Check and WP_DEBUG.
1. Install and activate the plugin.
2. Go to post/page editor, set featured audio and configure audio player (view screenshot below).
That’s it! Enjoy using the plugin.
If you have problems regarding using the plugin, please contat me and I’ll help you.